Many people are incorporating activated charcoal into their beauty and dietary routines. When ingesting the substance, although it is said to have several benefits, it is stressed that the substance be taken in moderation (as anything should be, really).
You can incorporate activated charcoal into your own diet by the following methods:
- IN ICE CREAM: iHalo Krunch near Trinity Bellwoods Park serves charcoal-infused ice cream on waffle cones. Who knows if or how much healthier this type of scoop is compared to other ice creams, but it’s definitely something different that looks cool and worth trying.
- MIX IT IN YOUR DRINK: Maybe not just any drink.. but you can see here (starting at 10:15) how Lauren Elizabeth incorporates black activated charcoal in her lattes. You can make your own Black Activated Charcoal Latte at home!
When INGESTED, activated charcoal can help with:
- REMOVING TOXINS IN YOUR BODY
- REDUCING BLOATING AND GAS
- REDUCING CHOLESTEROL
You can incorporate activated charcoal into your own daily beauty routines by the following ways:
- AS A TEETH WHITENER: Want pearly whites? People swear by using a charcoal mix to get a glowing smile. You can get a kit here from Carbon Coco. You can also get your hands on a charcoal toothbrush from your local drugstore.
- TO CLEAN OUT YOUR PORES: I’ve used the Deep Cleaning Charcoal Pore Strips by Bioré to get rid of those pesky lil blackheads. I’ll be honest with you, I don’t see a difference in these versus the original ones… BUT others think differently about them! So give ’em a try and you be the judge!
- AS A FACE MASK: Charcoal face masks claim to be exfoliating, gentle, and nourishing. Lush has two popular products that contain charcoal and do just that. These products are Dark Angels (a face cleanser) and Coalface (a face bar). Several people have recommended these products for those who have oily skin!
When APPLIED TO THE SKIN, activated charcoal can help with:
- REDUCING ACNE
- REMOVING BACTERIA, CHEMICALS, AND DIRT
- DISINFECTING OF WOUNDS
Everything in moderation, folks. ENJOY!